UK Based Website Money Saving Expert conducted a recent poll surveying 10,500 members of the public to discover what treatments are the most desired.
94% of women under 40 said they would consider an Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck).
What is an Abdominoplasty? (Tummy Tuck):
Abdominoplasty or “tummy tuck” is a cosmetic surgery procedure used to make the abdomen thinner and more firm. The surgery involves the removal of excess skin and fat from the middle and lower abdomen in order to tighten the muscle and fascia of the abdominal wall. This type of surgery is usually sought by patients with loose or sagging tissues after pregnancy or major weight loss.
How is the procedure carried out:
1. An incision is made from hip to hip just above the pubic area.
2. Another incision is made to free the navel from the surrounding skin.
3. The skin is detached from the abdominal wall to reveal the muscles and fascia to be tightened. The muscle fascia wall is tightened with sutures.
4. Liposuction is often used to refine the transition zones of the abdominal sculpture.
5. A dressing and sometimes a compression garment are applied and any excess fluid from the site is drained.
Patients are usually required to return for a post-operative wound check appointment with a nurse to review recovery and to remove any sutures. An Abdominoplasty is major surgery and will usually require a two night stay in hospital and lots of rest to reduce the risk of post-operative complications.
If you are considering an Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) I hold clinics in Birmingham, Hereford and Worcester. If you would like to make an appointment please call 0800 612 5919 or for more information you can visit my website.